Ads are placed online FREE to CAA members for three months OR for two weeks to non-CAA members. (Text only, no photos.) The CAA is not responsible for any claims made in an advertisement.
To place an ad, please write to [email protected]
Director of Coach & Livestock
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, located in beautiful Williamsburg, VA, has an excellent career opportunity for a Director of Coach & Livestock!
In this vital role, you would be responsible for the following (not all-inclusive):
– Develops and maintains a well-trained staff that work in a safe and secure environment.
– Ensure that the staff deliver the highest standards of interpretive historical programming.
– Direct all the animal operations of the Coach and Livestock department, including care of horses, cattle, sheep, poultry, and dogs, many of which are rare and endangered breeds.
– Directs carriage operations and other animal-powered transport and agricultural activities; livestock-related historical interpretive programming for the public; the Rare Breeds conservation program; maintenance and care of antique, modern, and reproduction carriages, wagons, other equipment and facilities; improvement of pasture lands and production of forage crops as animal feed.
– Manages annual budget; cultivates donor opportunities and manages gift accounts.
A detailed job description is available at https://www.caaonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Dir-Coach-Livestock-8.30.2019-Kelly-Beth.docx
Please submit cover letter and resume to Keith Fox, Director of Talent Acquisition, at [email protected]
Driver wanted for private facility 17356 PA. Pleasure only. Pairs and 4 in hand (training) experience strongly desired. Full time, benefits, health insurance. Housing and other neg. ADHH and Saddlebred horses. Indoor arena. 3 modern and one antique vehicle. Willing to work with candidates outside USA if highly qualified.
Contact: [email protected] or 908-268-7335
Fire Chief Parade Wagon
Pony/Cob Size. Complete with fire extinguisher, trumpet, axe, bell and lamps. $7,500
Contact Don Sawyer at 508-662- 2070
ISO Brewster Axles and Lamps
Wanted: Complete Brewster Axles and Large Pair of Brewster Lamps.
Contact: J. Berkhof at [email protected]
Carriages for sale
All proceeds benefit a small non-profit museum through supporting the research, preservation, and growth of our collection.
1. Four Passenger Phaeton: Black body with red and yellow pinstripes. Folding top phaeton, fancy style. Buttons for splash curtain. Maker’s Mark: S. Teedsdale Constantine, Mich. metal plate on the back of the box. Top has been redone. Original paint.
Condition: 2 (scale of 1 through 5, 5 being the best condition)
2. Park Phaeton: Black body with dark blue upholstery. Nice quality headlamps. Mini-victorian pulled by one horse. Converted for George IV-style, owner driven. Maker’s Mark not found. Original top.
3. Kentucky Breaking Cart: Red body. Older restoration. Utilitarian working vehicle, nice shape. Maker’s Mark: Museum of Science and Industry-Chicago brass plate on back.
Photos are available upon request
Contact: Nicole at the Forney Museum of Transportation.
Email: [email protected]
Monday through Friday from 10 am to 5 pm (MST)
Viewing by appointment only
JAY Medicine Wagon
We have a Medicine Wagon for sale. Bought it in Oregon and have restored it. Inquires please email [email protected]
Carriages for sale
4 vehicles for sale in Northern California. Sized to fit large pony or small horse (14.1 to 15.1). Prices are negotiable.
Buckeye Road Cart, Show ready, Custom made, Natural wood finish, Brass flush hubs. $3,000
Country Gig, Good condition, Made by Carriage Machine Shop, Natural wood finish, Brass Sarvin hubs. $2,000.
Easy entry gig, Good condition, Made by Tom Simmons based on Lignite design, Flexi shaft, Natural wood finish, black metal. Wide wheel base for stability. Good cross country vehicle. $2,000.
Easy entry gig, Good condition, Made by Tom Simmons based on Lignite design, Flexi Shaft, Natural Wood finish, brass. Wide wheel base. Great versatility for show or cross country. $2500.
Contact: Nancy Taylor Rojo
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 530- 274-7336
Doctors Buggy, 1913 Velie, $ 2,500. Contact: [email protected] Located in Colorado
Pony Size Kuknle
Kuhnle Carriage German made, pony size, Shetland to Welsh, with two Pneumatic wheels, double curved shafts adjustable for length and width, sliding seat for weight adjustment, very easy entry Perfect Condition. It has a brake assembly which can be attached or removed. The singletree has Witchard (not Chinese) quick releases and hooks for harnesses with slots on the harness.
Cart – $2000
I have a well made harness for a 10 hand Shetland pony for sale. It has genuine sheepskin pads for all parts that touch the pony. It has both breast collar and a neck collar. It has two sets of leather traces that have both rings and slots. Parts are synthetic but for extra safety it has leather in case of a spooked equine.
Complete harness – $900 dollars.
Janet Goldberg at 505 771 0645
Driving Pony for Sale
Chewy is a 13 yr old bay roan 13.2 hh welsh cross gelding. Has shown pleasure driving in Kentucky, Virginia and North Carolina. Chewy is good as gold, he hitches quietly while tied up and is an all around good sport. Good home a must. Have show and training harness as well as carriages for sale. Located in Lewisburg, WV. Email inquiries to: